29 March 2012

Avocados.

I'm a bit obsessed with them. They are just so yummy and I have been craving them constantly for a few weeks now. I've been eating avocado almost every day lately. I know avocados are high in fat, so it's best to eat just half at a time. (Helpful hint: keep the pit in the half you're saving - it will keep longer!) Although they are fatty, they are low in cholesterol and sodium and are high in dietary fiber,  potassium, vitamins K, C and E and folate, so they are actually good for you in moderation!


I love smashing up avocados to make guacamole, but they are good in salads, sandwiches and on toast too! (My current obsession is avocado/cream cheese/ sunflower seed sandwiches on multigrain bread.)

I LOVE avocado/egg sandwiches. I would add Siracha to this though. And probably use spinach in place of butter lettuce.

I haven't tried this, but avocado, arugula and honey mustard dressing sounds divine.

This looks like a fantastic side dish for summertime bar-b-ques and whatnot.

These would be cute as an appetizer or at a cocktail party.

Mozzarella. Tomato. Avocado. Basil. Perfection. 

Not the healthiest of options, but delicious.

Ok, if you're going to make these you need some way to keep the avocado upright in the oven because it will tip over. We used a jar lid. Again, I added Siracha. A blog post on Siracha is surely in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment