25 March 2012

Choosing to stay positive.

I've been a little glum lately. I'm not sure why, except I suppose I'm just feeling a bit homesick. I'm pretty busy, and for the most part I'm content, if not truly happy, but I've been a little down the past few days. When I was 15 or 16 my dad had a talk with me about how we can't control what happens in life, or what other people do - all we can do is control how we react. I try to practice this in my daily life,  but sometimes it can be difficult.

So these quotes are more for my benefit than anything else, but maybe they'll inspire or motivate you all as well.

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be." - Groucho Marx


"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either makes ourselves happy, or we make ourselves miserable. The amount of effort is the same." - Carlos Castaneda



"Things turn out the best for those who make the best out of the way things turn out." - John Wooden


"I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation I may be, for I have also learnt from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances." - Martha Washington

 

No comments:

Post a Comment