16 April 2012

The City I Live In

Although I get lonely and I haven't really adjusted to living here, I think I could really come to love Chicago. There are a lot of things I love about it, I'm just lacking people to explore and experience the city with me. It really is a fantastic city, and I know that it's dirty and can be dangerous, but there is quite a bit of beauty here as well.

This is from the first week I got here. It was foggy and gloomy, but wonderful and new.

My dad and me. He was delighted that we live in walking distance from such a big and lovely body of water. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have even thought to think about this. I tend to accept things as they are without much thought or question sometimes. This can be both good and bad.

This beach is literally a 10 minute walk away. Gorgeous.


These flowers are on our street, right outside the apartment. They make me smile every day when I walk by them.

One of the beaches nearby has paintings on the rock steps that go down to the sand. There's all kinds of different styles and pictures, even images carved into the stone somehow. This is one of my favorites.


These are part of a mural/mosaic under one of the bridges. They are so beautiful and really make what would be a creepy ugly space so bright and welcoming.



No comments:

Post a Comment