25 September 2012

Hair Funk

I've been trying to grow my hair out for the longest time. But once my hair hits about shoulder length, I feel like it stops growing, looks boring, and I chop it off.

Like a few summers ago when I got this super cute A-line cut!

Recently though, I had gotten really close to achieving the long(er) hair I so desire. And then... I got this awful mullet cut. It was kind of my fault. You see, I'm not all that picky about my hair. I mean, it's hair. It'll grow back. Whatever. So I tell the girl that I'm trying to grow out my hair, but I need my dead ends trimmed because I pick at split ends and it's bad. So her way of cleaning up my hair while retaining the length? This mullet 'do.


I know what you're thinking. It does not even look that bad, and it is not even a mullet. Wrong. Weird, choppy layers in front, tons of texture, and way longer in the back. Like, it was a V shape. I was initially terribly upset, but me being the down-to-earth girl I am, quickly got over it. It's hair. And it wasn't a bad cut, just not my style. As much as I'd like to pull off the edgy, alternative kind of look, it's just not me. So recently I went and got the back trimmed up, and now it looks a million times better. 

And I'm bored. Again. I was planning on treating myself to an ombre hair color, but I've decided to put that off and buy myself a tattoo for my birthday in December instead. So, I've been collecting pictures of ladies with lovely long hair, to remind myself to be patient and stop picking my split ends. Besides, I want to have long hair for Jenna's wedding next summer (:

Messy

Wispy bangs and layers

Waves

Classic and feminine

Love the dramatic side swept bangs

Sleek

Beachy Keen
Effortless

It's like a mane. I love it.
Southern Belle


This long ponytail looks so much more elegant than my stump.

Again, elegant with a simple bow.

A messy sidebraid. Perfect for a lazy fall day.

Another messy braid

Braided headband, for the hair of a goddess.
For a hippie-esque look

Not that I could pull this look off, but I love how wild her hair is.

No comments:

Post a Comment