anyway, i digress. as much as i wanted to go dancing, i declined, for several reasons.
- i had to work 11-7 on Saturday
- i had an article for Pulse due before i went into work
- after my regular job i was going to promote Jagermeister at Bdubs from 10:30-12:30
all of these things added up to a long Saturday, and i knew i should get some rest. also,
- i have had a cold for a couple weeks (another reason sleep was vital)
- i have two important birthdays coming up this week, and i figured i should save my money to celebrate with them
in the past i would have scrambled to finish my article Friday night, gone out dancing, poured myself into bed around 3 in the morning, gone into work hungover and tired, and been exhausted by the time Sunday came around. instead, i decided to do the responsible thing and stay in.
i had plans to split a six pack with a friend and watch this movie:
but she bailed on me, claiming she needed sleep (i think she just wanted to stay home with her boyfriend, which is fine).
so i spent my Friday night watching this show (alone):
and reading this book:
so good. you can feel her passion for food in the way she describes it.
all this is to say, i think i'm growing up. hooray.