21 January 2012

Snow

we had a little snow storm yesterday, and since i didn't need to go anywhere, i was stuck inside all day. i was getting a little stir crazy and grumpy, so i decided to think about all the good things about snow.


the other day i saw cardinals for the first time. they were outside the window fluttering around in a snow covered tree. so pretty. (i didn't take this picture, it's from the internet.)

any excuse for hot chocolate...

"When I was five, I had a really bad ear infection and I had been home in bed for a week and I was very sad. So I wished really hard that something wonderful would happen to me. And I woke up the next morning and it had snowed. And I was sure that some fairy godmother had done it just for me. It was my little present." - Lorelai Gilmore

 "Everything looks magical when it snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves hats." - Lorelai Gilmore
for Christmas my godfather got me these great boots to keep me warm when i do have to venture out in the snow. and "Santa" brought me a down jacket like this but in black. some of my friends also gave me some great scarves and i'm ecstatic that i finally have cause to put my collection of beanies to use.

"I love the snow for the same reason I love Christmas; it brings people together while time stands still. Cozy couples lazily meandered the streets and children trudged sleds and chased snowballs. No one seemed to be in a rush to experience anything other than the glory of the day, with each other, whenever and however it happened." - Rachel Cohn, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares




No comments:

Post a Comment