06 July 2012

Avocado Tuna Salad

It's 102 degrees right now. And humid. Gross. This kind of sweltering heat almost ruins my appetite. Almost. For lunch today, I wanted something light, but filling, as I won't have a proper dinner tonight since I'll be at work. The solution? Tuna salad! Fish feels less filling than other meats but still provides the protein and energy to get me through the day. 

My Avocado Tuna Salad

1 can tuna, packed in olive oil
1/2 avocado
some finely chopped red onion
4 or 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
couple squirts of Miracle Whip
some chopped cilantro
juice from half a lime
pepper, to taste

Mix all ingredients together.


I piled mine on a piece of whole grain toast, topped it with a side of cheddar cheese, and popped in the oven for a few minutes to make a tuna melt. It would be good on its own, stuffed in a pita or on a bed of arugula as well! What I loved about this salad was the freshness of it. The tuna, combined with lime juice and fresh cilantro was light and summery, yet filling. Perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment