29 July 2012

If you really knew me...

Ok, so about half of the people who follow my blog have already done this, so you know the drill.

If you really knew me:

You'd know that lemonheads are my absolute favorite candy. Have been for as long as I can remember. I'll eat them til my teeth hurt. I just ate a couple right now, as a matter of fact.

You'd know that I have an incredibly corny sense of humor. I think I inherited it from my mom and grandpa. I get a kick out of the silliest things. I can spend minutes giggling uncontrollably over things that no one else finds funny.

I love love love the movie Mean Girls. I can quote almost every line and apply said quotes to almost any real life situation.

I hate the word slacks.

My socks never match. Who even has the time to find each pair and roll them up together?

I have a terrible habit of picking at my split ends. I don't know when it came about but it's been awful for my hair. It's an obsessive habit and I don't know how to stop.

I love owls. I taught the one-year-old I babysit to say "owl." I don't know when I was first drawn to them... maybe around my senior year of high school. But I do love anything owl and people give them to me as gifts quite frequently. (For some reason, people also give me elephants, so I have an elephant collection as well. Which is cool. I like elephants.)

Even though I moved to Chicago to try something completely new and different and try life in the big city - and I'm glad I did - I get incredibly lonely sometimes and wonder if I made the right choice.

When I'm sad, I'll watch sad movies or listen to sad songs. Rather than watch or listen to something that will cheer me up, I put on something sad so that I have an excuse to cry and can pretend that I'm crying because I want Noah and Allie to end up happily ever after, and not because of my own life.

I don't know how to ride a bike. Well that's not true. I understand the concept of riding a bike. I just can't do it. I just can't keep pedaling and I always tip over.

I love eggnog. When I was younger my dad used to buy me a jug the first time he saw it at the store. The concept of someone not liking eggnog was baffling to me for the longest time. For the past 2 or 3 years I've had a tradition of drinking eggnog with SoCo while carving pumpkins.

Although I'm extremely independent and need my space, when I fall for someone, I fall hard. All of my past relationships have had a huge impact on me, and I have learned from each one of them. I don't regret any of them, nor do I wish I was still with any of them.

Sometimes I think in a British accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment