31 August 2012

Currently

Reading: Fingersmith, by Sarah Waters and Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger. I'm loving both of them, but I'm more into Fingersmith right now.

Dreaming about: Having my own place, complete with country chic decor. And a cat. I miss my cats quite a lot.

Loving: The farmers markets. Every Tuesday I walk the little girl I babysit to the Lincoln Square Farmers Market. It's about a 20 minute walk both ways, so it's good exercise and a fun way to get the baby out of the house. I love all the fresh produce and she loves looking at all the different sights. Also, there's a crepe stand run by two French guys and one of them is super cute! I have to resist the temptation to buy a crepe every single week.

Looking forward to: This weekend, and the next. I work almost every Friday, Saturday and Sunday so the weekends generally don't pack all that much excitement for me. But tonight I'm going to a North Coast Music Festival After Show at House of Blues, so I'm excited for that. And next weekend my darling grandma is coming to visit! I haven't seen her since Christmas, and there was tons of family around so we didn't really get a chance to visit, so it'll be great to see her.

Thankful for: My wonderful parents. I am so blessed to have been born to them. They have always been supportive of me, and I can't thank them enough for that. Without them I wouldn't have been able to move to Chicago and have this life-changing experience. A couple weeks ago I was having one minor disaster after another and I could not have gotten past them without their generosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment